Jobs at Zaengle
We're looking for a Senior Engineer!
We’re on the lookout for our next Senior Engineer, could it be you? Our engineers help mission-driven organizations and forward-thinking companies build for the other side of the screen. They also contribute to the technical community through topical writing, building products, open-source projects, attending events, and public speaking (if that’s your thing). NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
Zaengle is a web engineering firm that’s a digital force for good. We engineer medium-to-large scale websites & applications for non-profits, digital agencies, and cause-driven companies. Our mantra is "Be Nice, Do Good" and it infuses everything we do. We’re committed to the highest quality work, and to being the nicest group of web professionals our clients will ever work with.
Zaengle is a small, completely remote team of professionals (both of which are on purpose) thats operate for almost a decade. Each team member has a lot of autonomy and influence — this means we only hire folks who are highly motivated, accountable, and operate with the utmost integrity. There is very little hierarchy at Zaengle, so you’ll be encouraged to develop creative solutions to problems, communicate and defend your ideas to clients, manage your responsibilities, and stay up-to-date on the latest best practices and principles.
If that sounds like you, read on!
What We’re Looking For: The Most Important Things
We want to talk to you if you are:
- Self-motivated. You don’t want to be micromanaged, or have your hand held. You don’t shy away from hard work, and always embrace new challenges.
- Self-aware. You’re confident in your strengths and know what your weaknesses are. These don’t discourage you, rather, they make you even stronger.
- Honest. You aren’t perfect, and neither are we. Integrity, honesty, and humility are hallmarks of your life.
- Generous. You love helping others, sharing your expertise, and creatively giving back.
- A genuine communicator. You may not be the best public speaker, but when you talk to clients, or your teammates, you’re clear, to the point, confident, and genuine.
- A learner. When you don’t know something it’s not a roadblock — you passionately seek answers and solutions without being told to.
What We’re Looking For: The Less Important Things
We want to talk to you if you are proficient (or willing to learn) in:
- PHP / Laravel
- VueJS, Craft CMS experience a plus
- API engineering
- Other JS frameworks (i.e. React, Node) a plus
- Technical architecture
- Automated deployment & testing systems
- Experience in exploratory tech (WebVR, WebGL, Facebook Bots, Alexa voice apps) a plus
- Mid-level engineers may also be considered
- Zaengle is a 100% remote team with folks spread out across the US
- Compensation is very competitive, paid holidays, flexible paid time off, healthcare benefits offered
- Additional perks include quarterly profit sharing, semi-annual "ZaengleCon" events, conference & education budget, and more
- As we seek to live out "Be Nice, Do Good" we also provide time / budget for our team members to give back to their communities and underprivileged people groups
How to Apply:
Send us samples of your work — live examples, link to your GitHub profile, CodePen, or whatever else. In addition, we’d love to hear about challenges you faced, obstacles overcome, or reasoning behind the decisions you made. Give us a glimpse into your process!
- Link to a blog post, article you’ve written, or presentation you’ve given in the past year on any topic.
- What is one cause, organization, global challenge, or initiative you’re most passionate about?
Send everything to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.