Have a new product idea and need a development team to build it?
Do you need engineering help for an existing software product or large website? Maybe you’re doing some research on backend programming languages, and you’ve come across Laravel as an option.
There are many ways to build a successful digital product (and we recommend using Laravel as you’ll learn in this guide), but ultimately the most important decision is not what technology to use, it’s the engineering team you choose.
Your engineering team should get it, want it, and have the capacity to deliver. And most importantly, because building software is a team effort, you should hire an engineering team that you really enjoy working with.
Our unique experience building and scaling our own software products with Laravel combined with our dependability and integrity will give you the edge you need to achieve sustainable growth. In this guide we’ll explain how Laravel can help you get to market faster with highly flexible, performant, and secure code.
Laravel is a PHP web application framework with expressive, elegant syntax.
Laravel takes the pain out of development by easing common tasks used in most web projects so that engineers can focus on making better software instead of wrestling with code. Laravel is accessible enough to plug into websites and small applications, and robust enough to power SaaS products and large software applications.
Trusted by Fortune 100 companies, start-ups, and thousands of businesses and organizations, Laravel is scalable, secure, and feature-rich. Plus, being the #1 PHP framework on the market and the most popular backend framework on Github doesn’t hurt either.
Benefits of Laravel:
- The #1 PHP framework on the market today
- Simple to use and powerful enough to support large applications
- Highly flexible
- Promotes elegant, accessible code practices
- Stable and secure
- Supported by one of the largest development communities who consistently contribute valuable features and new products to the platform
- Use Laravel’s robust ecosystem of products to quickly build and deploy common web and software features
- Deployed across tens of thousands of websites and custom software, featuring an established partner network and rich developer community
There’s no perfect framework for software which means you can get your product to market in a variety of ways.
There are a number of factors to consider, but as we’ve mentioned before, the most important decision is your engineering team. If you decide to build your software product within the PHP ecosystem, Laravel is certainly the dominant framework because it enables developers to build flexible, performant, and user-friendly web applications.
Developers love Laravel because of its elegant structure, ease of onboarding, and intuitive syntax. Laravel can also speed up the development cycle, and its growing ecosystem can solve a lot of common feature requests without as much custom code — both of which will save you time and money. There are certainly other programming languages that perform just as well, but in over a decade of web development experience, we have yet to face a software challenge that Laravel doesn’t knock out of the park.
Why Laravel is the Right Choice:
- If you want to get your software to market fast without sacrificing code quality or a rich feature set, Laravel’s modular structure facilitates efficient, intuitive code practices.
- If you want a scalable web application that is also secure, Laravel is built with security as a central pillar. It is also highly performant, and doesn’t overload servers with overly complex processing requests.
- If you want to ensure your software is as dependable as possible, Laravel supports automated testing and is set up to encourage a modern test-driven approach to software development.
- If you want to avoid common pitfalls with newer technologies, Laravel features a proven track record since 2011. Additionally, if you’re concerned about the lack of resources for a particular programming language, Laravel’s rich developer community ensures that you’ll always be able to find what you need when you need it.
Zaengle has been building software and web applications with Laravel for close to a decade, and it’s our backend framework of choice. In fact, it’s hard not to find a use case for Laravel, no matter if we’re building a new SaaS product, helping an internal team grow an existing product, or solving business challenges with a web application.
Considering Laravel for your software or web application? Zaengle is the preferred Laravel development team for a number of businesses and organizations, both large and small.
We’d love to show you the Zaengle “Be Nice, Do Good” difference and help you decide if Laravel is right for your organization.